Sunday, August 5, 2012

That Bitchy Chick Redux

Blogging used to be such a release for me.  It was something I did every day for me.  I'll be honest, I had a steady stream of people who read my verbose ramblings.  I had fun.  I blogged about my days and I blogged random stupid shit.  It kept me sane.  It kept me from wanting to stab certain people through the forehead with an icepick.

Then blogging went all commercial and it became very competitive and everyone was concerned about page views and page ranking and SEO and readers and comments and I said to hell with it all and I gave up something that I really enjoyed and wow, that's one helluva a run-on sentence.  Even English majors have their grammatical moments.

To make a long story short, I need to blog again.  Writing is my sanity.  It always has been.  I'm not great with random and creative writing.  I'm more the academic style of writing.  I don't often know how to come across as funny but I can analyze an ancient piece of literature with the best of them.  Maybe blogging will help me branch out on my writing styles.  Maybe I can end up like many other bloggers and finish that book I've wanted to write since I was somewhere between 20 and 42.  Maybe.

I'm going to regain my identity and get back to my blogging roots.  I'm also going to try to clean out my closet and donate all of my unworn clothes to Goodwill.  We shall see which task I'm more successful with when all is said and done.  I'm betting blogging wins.

1 comment:

  1. See there? You made me laugh! So who says you're not witty?

    Welcome back. I'm writing, too. But you knew that. LOL

    ReplyDelete